• Since 2009：Medical Director of the Institute for General Medicine at the Technical University of Munich / Klinikum rechts der Isar
• 12/2008：Habilitation in general medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg with the topic: "Strategies to improve the diagnosis and therapy of patients with obstructive respiratory diseases in the family doctor's practice"
• 2007-2009：Established in an individual general practitioner practice in Leimen near Heidelberg
• 05/2004：Acquisition of the additional qualification "addiction therapy"
• 2003-2005：Further training with a half-time position in the family doctor's practice Dr. Richard Michel, Ladenburg
• 2002-2009：Research Associate in the Department of General Medicine and Health Services Research, Heidelberg University Hospital
• 2000-2002：Scientific employee and assistant doctor at the Department of General Clinical Medicine and Psychosomatic Medicine, Medical Clinic and Polyclinic, Heidelberg University Hospital
• Vice President of German Society of General Medicine and Family Medicine
• Since November 2012：Editorial Board Deutsches Ärzteblatt
• Since 2010：National Delegate at EQUIP (European Association for Quality in General Practice / Familiy Medicine)
• 2009：National representative of the International Primary Care Respiratory Group
• Since 2009：Member of the team of authors for the S3 guideline for irritable bowel syndrome
• Since 2007：Member of the team of authors for the National Health Care Guideline (NVL) for Asthma
• Since 01/03：Continuous participation in the Federal Joint Committee (GBA) for the development of the disease management program for bronchial asthma / COPD
• Since 2003：Member of the Science Center of the German Medical Association for Acupuncture
• June 2015：Golden badge of honor of the Federal Association of Pulmonologists
• October 15, 2009：Dr. Lothar Beyer Prize - German Research Prize for General Practice, 1st place
• May 25, 2006：German Acupuncture Research Award for the study "Acupuncture in Irritable Bowel Syndrome"
• March 3, 2001：1st PhD award of the German College for Psychosomatic Medicine