• Since Dec. 2017: Professor of Medicine & Chair, Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig- Maximilians-University, Munich
• 2009-2017: Senior Attending Physician (HR, Communication, Finances)
• 2008: Director, Cologne Interventional Immunology, Co-Director BMT Program & Medical Critical Care Program
• 2007: Attending Physician, Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig- Maximilians-University, Munich
• Since Jan. 2018: German Cancer Consortium (DKTK), partner site Munich
• 2003-2009: Head, Max-Eder Junior Research Group, German Cancer Aid
Awards, distinctions and professional activities:
• 2015: Best Abstract Award DGHO (co-author)
• 2010: Travel Award, American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
• 2010: Basic Science Award (Abstract O84, last author), European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
• 2002: Fellow, German José Carreras-Leukemia Foundation
• 2001: Fellow, Lymphoma Research Foundation of America
• 1999: 'Travel Award' of the American Society of Hematology
• 1999: Scientific Award EMSA / University of Prague
• 1997: Mildred-Scheel Fellow, German Cancer Aid
• Human primary and memory cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses are efficiently induced by means of CD40-activated B cells as antigen-presenting cells: potential for clinical application. Blood 2002; 99: 3319-25.
• Dendritic cells and CD40-activated B cells: New avenues to cancer immunotherapy. Trends Immunol, 2004; 25: 659-664.
• CD25 and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase are upregulated by prostaglandin E2 and expressed by tumor-associated dendritic cells in vivo. Blood 2006, 108(1):228-37.
• Brentuximabvedotin combined with donor lymphocyte infusions for early relapse of hodgkin lymphoma after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation induces tumor-specific immunity and sustained clinical remission. J Clin Oncol. 2013 Feb 10;31(5):e59-63. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2012.43.6832.
• Inhibition of protein geranylgeranylation specifically interferes with CD40-dependent B cell activation resulting in the acquisition of tolerogenic features and a reduced capacity to induce T cell immunity. J Immunol. 2014 Nov 15;193(10):5294-305.