• Training officer and consultant of the Bavarian Chamber of Physicians for thoracic surgery for the State of Bavaria, 2007
• Head of the Thoracic Surgery Centre Munich Clinic of the University of Munich /Lungenfachkliniken Gauting, 2006
• Senior Physician of the Surgical Clinic and Polyclinic at the Großhadern Clinic of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Germany, 2004
• Head of the thoracic surgery department with BLÄK authority for further training in thoracic surgery, 2003
• Member of the American Society of Surgery as "Fellow of the American College of Surgeons" (FACS)
• German Society of Thoracic Surgeons (DGT)
• International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
• Head of the Munich Lung Transplant Group
• German Society for Surgery
Scientific Awards and Prizes：
• Georg Heberer Award and Walter Schulz Prize 2007
• Rudolf-Schindler Prize of the Gesellschaft für Endoskopie und bildgebende Verfahren, e.V., Munich, Germany, 2002
• Video Award for Minimally Invasive Surgery of the German Society for Surgery, Munich, 2001
• 1998 Prize of the European Study Group on Immunology and Pathogenesis in MucosalInfections, Helsingör, Denmark, 1998
• [Expert Recommendation for the Implementation of Hyperthermic Intrathoracic Chemotherapy (HITOC) in Germany].
• Pleurectomy / Decortication and Hyperthermic Intrathoracic Chemoperfusion Using Cisplatin and Doxorubicin for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma.
• Comprehensive Clinical Profiling of The Gauting Locoregional Lungadenocarcinoma Donors.
• Combined Diffusing Capacity for Nitric Oxide and Carbon Monoxide as Predictor of Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome Following Lung Transplantation.
• Perioperative course and quality of life in a prospective randomized multicenter phase III trial, comparing standard lobectomy versus anatomical segmentectomy in patients with non-small cell lung cancer up to 2 cm, stage IA (7th edition of TNM staging system).