Head of bone tumor department and department of Orthopaedics, Physical Medical and Rehabilition, hospital of LMU, Munich
• Since 2004: W3 Professor at Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
• Since 2003: Head of bone tumor department and department of Orthopaedics, Physical Medical and Rehabilition, hospital of LMU, Munich
• 2001-2003: Head of bone tumor department, orthopedic clinic and polyclinic at Hospital of LMU, Munich
• 2003: Senior physician and Provisional Head of the Orthopaedic Clinic and Polyclinic of the University of Rostock.
• 1993-2001: Resident and senior physician of department of orthopaedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, Hospital of LMU, Munich
• 1991-1993: University Clinic for General and Abdominal surgery in Mainz
• Courses of the AO in Davos, arthroscopy courses in Arosa and Rostock, courses of the Working Group Endoprosthetics, sonography courses in Wiesbaden and Stolzalpe, courses for chiropractic therapy in Isny/Neutrauchburg and Munich, and courses for musculoskeletal tumors.
• Stays at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birmingham (United Kingdom) and the National Unit of Orthopaedic Oncology, Tel Aviv University (Israel).
• German Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (DGOOC)
• International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT)
• European Musculo-Skeletal Oncology Society (EMSOS)
• International Society of Limb Salvage (ISOLS)
• Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS)