• 2014: W3-Professorship, Appointment to the Chair of Trauma Surgery at the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (LMU)
• 2013: Apl.-Professorship: the Medical Faculty of Justus-Liebig-University of Gießen(JLU).
• 2008: Habilitation, subject of orthopaedics and trauma surgery, Ludwigs-Maximilian University Munich (LMU)
• 2000-2002: "Residency" at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
• 1998-2000: "Post-doctoral fellowship": Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• 1998: Doctorate. Studied at Free University of Berlin and Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany funded by "Max Delbrück Doctoral Scholarship".
• 2014: Medical Director of Trauma Surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU), campus city centre and Großhadern;
• 2013: Managing Senior Physician at Center for trauma surgery and polyclinic, Justus-Liebig-University of Gießen(JLU);
• 2011: Senior physician, Department of Trauma Surgery, Surgical Clinic and Polyclinic, Großhadern, Clinic of the University of Munich (LMU);
• 2010-2012: Emergency physician intensive care helicopter Christoph Munich, Klinikum Großhadern, LMU Munich;
• Since 2018: Member of International Advisory Board for AO Trauma
• 2017 President of the Congress European Orthopaedic Research Society in Munich
• 2014: President of the German Osteology Congress in Munich
• 2013: Head of AO Osteology of the German Society for Trauma Surgery